Wednesday, May 28, 2008

the golden rule

Caramel kisses from a vanilla sushine, there is a complex simplicity clouding our coffee. It forces us to reflect and then reject and then accept one another, where is the loyalty? truth? allegiance? People are pretending on a daily basis to be this and be that, projecting images, filling voids, dismissing truths, breaking hearts with lies, carefree undertones, listless demeanors...those people from Mars in my dream last night moved like honey gliding to the bottom of a cup of steamy green tea...settling at the bottom and capturing the flavor...taking their land back...teaching us a lesson on how to love, how to truly exist among each other, thus. . .how to love.

the star that shined in the sky so bright the other night was no star...it was their spaceship...when i saw him, i wasn't afriad...i called out to him " Excuse me, Mr. UFO Man, we need help, we are drowning, we are killing each other, and to think...they are afraid of you!" he just looked at me and his glossy eyes twinkled like glitter...i was in his zone...and at that exact moment, i knew...i was found...i was whole...I am...foundtranscendentsublimenotvainnotdumbnolongeranythingihadpreviouslybeen...I am real...really alive.

I wish that there was a way for every living, breathing being to reach this point. . .I can start with writing this blog, hoping that people can reflect on their days in the past and anticipate their days to come. Think about the interactions that you have with people, how you talk to them, the tone you project, the things that you don't say, the way you look at them. . .consider what they are feeling inside, what they dreamed about the previous night. Consider the last time they cried themselves to sleep, the last time they laughed so hard that their tummy muscles got a work out; each person is precious, and each person deserves the utmost consideration and respect, despite the exterior armor that they display.

I work a couple jobs that require customer service, I developed some ideas awhile back when dealing with a rather unpleasant person; when it occurred to me that my automatic response to combat her stankness with more stankness would not solve the problem, I began to attempt to put myself in her shoes by only imagining what the source of her attitude may be. I am in no way excusing people with unpleasant overtones, but instead hoping that we can address the source of the problem. Whether it is a person whom we are close with or a complete stranger, offering a person the utmost of esteem may brighten his or her day.

Just give it a try.