Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Professionals

This black lace kimono is by Agent Provocateur and this romper is by Kiki De Montparnasse, I found them in NYLON magazine's May 2008 issue. When I have them on, I feel like a superstar, you know...sometimes a piece of material that has been graced by the touch and expertise of a professional artist can alter your demeanor just a bit (simply fabulous).  I'm looking down at my toes and just thinking... its been a crazy few years.

I've been up so high that the clouds looked up to me, all the while slamming against the pavement below the surface with the eternal outcasts; however, all of that is in the reflection of break lights in my imaginary rear view mirror and its just fine. There is a trend that I have noticed,  one type of person that I have continuously run into... the liar.

To tell a lie is to smudge a freshly painted nail, to put a pack of salt in a glass of sugar honey iced tea or worst of all, to scuff a pair of brand new patent Chloe pumps. Yes I know, completely unacceptable!!! So why has bending the truth remained a constant like vintage Chanel bags? I was hoping that it would come and go just as the Middle Eastern Scarf Movement will soon dismantle. 

I once dated a young gentlemen who swore on his father's grave (which is morbid thing to say especially if what you're swearing isn't true!) that he hadn't spoken with various other individuals during the time that we were involved, and come to find out, he was lying! I will not reveal my methods of revealing the truth ( those are like a secret). Once I confronted him with the evidence, he continued to lie... looked me straight in the face... sticking to his original story. He seemed so sincere, so convincing... I chuckled to myself, thinking that he should pack his stuff and catch the next flight to Los Angeles, enroll in acting classes immediately, and use this captivating monologue as his ticket into Hollywood, seriously. It wasn't necessarily that I was incredibly bothered by his conversing with other people, I could really care less, it was a lying that was so outlandish to me. 

Here is the truth: people lie... that's obvious and undisputed, definitely not a blog worthy topic. I am more focused on the professional liar, like the talented gentleman I mentioned earlier. With time, the most fascinating aspect of this whole situation was that he wasn't the only person who operated like this. I eventually came into contact with plenty of fibbers with the same MO: passionately lie, always stick to your story even when the evidence refutes your claims, and show lots and lots of emotion. Then your victim will not even begin to question the validity of your words. Some told grander lies then others, but nonetheless, they all shared the passion of the lie in common. Now, I will not sit here in this hot kimono and commit the same offense, I must admit, I have told a fib or two here and there, but I need a bit more practice before I am ready for Hollywood; for now, I will stick to writing, dressing my clients and applying their fabulous make-up.

The persona of a professional liar is way too bizarre for me. 

Items I've Mentioned:

Kimono by Agent Provocateur 

Photobucket

Romper by Kiki De Montparnasse

Photobucket

Patent Chloe "Aqua Fresh" Pump

Photobucket

A Classic Chanel Bag

Photobucket


2 comments:

NONYÉis2nd2None said...

So do you think if you would have retaliated, using the same exact work ethic, the gentleman would have quit his job, or go for the gold to get a promotion??
-.no.

Amina Iman Jahi said...

He would have definitely gone for the PLATINUM award (bypassing gold)! He defines and personifies the diligent professional with superhuman endurance... superb liar.