Wednesday, May 21, 2008

in the nicest way, i'd like to say. . .

why are there people who spend a great deal of time concerned with pure and utter irrelevance? From where do these people arrive and what is their final destination? When I was about six, shopping with my grandmother at Nordstrom, I first heard of these people; my grandmother referred to them as "green eyed devils." She told me to beware of people who talked too much about other people's business (pure and utter irrelevance). She also warned me of people who did not seem to have their own identities and were very invasive and overbearing in the start of a "friendship" with me. When I was younger, this was all like viewing an abstract DalĂ­ painting to the untrained eye, very confusing and seemingly extraneous. Since then, I have unfortunately had a few encounters with such people.

now. . .I am not one to judge people, mostly due to the fact that there have been unjust conclusions drawn about me; moreover, I understand completely that people have their own hang ups, whether be it a lack of self esteem or foul roots set in childhood. I believe in cycles of behavior: individuals ascertain particular behavioral patterns as a result of the community that raised them (I like to say community because everyone is not raised in a nuclear family setting consisting of mom, dad, 2.5 children and a dog). I know that we have all heard the saying, "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree," which is true to a certain extent; however does that mean that the cycles cannot be broken? For example, just because your auntie, who raised you, constantly schemed and scammed on her so-called friends, or your grandfather, who you spent the weekends with, was known for being the initiator of bizarre drama, doesn't mean that you will automatically stir up the same types of situations, or does it? What about the people who develop as children with cultivated roots (tender, love and care) but still possess these sociopathic tendencies and characteristics. I am, however, convinced that some event in life causes this behavior, I will not accept the speculation that people are just "born that way."

I am pondering about what action should be taken against people who suffer from these extreme character flaws. When these people come in and attempt to disrupt our lives, what is the most appropriate way to respond to their efforts? Becoming angry and unsettled gives these suffering people what they desire. Its like a sick addiction, that we as healthy human beings should not feed into (would you sent a kleptomaniac to a department store with no security or cameras or give a crack user a nice big rock?). On the other hand, ignoring these people only makes them try harder. . .(spread more rumors, conjure up more stories, investigate for clues to stretch inapplicable facts to fit their loosely created stories all desperate cries for attention and validation.)

Is there anyway to offer support to these cycle syndrome carriers? I wish that there was an antibiotic that they could take over 7 days, 2 tablets every 12 hours, to cure them of this horrible trait. Or maybe a Animosity Anonymous group, 12 steps to breaking free of such foul habits. Anything that will help them understand that they are not only running their names through the mud, but also wasting their own time, because everyone has the potential to be hot, and stirring up problems is not the correct route to follow.

. . .back up and follow left at the fork in the road. . .

I send my heart out to the people who have been caught in the cycle, please keep checking back with me, I will be working on creating a cure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amina, my love, my kindred spirit. I must admit that this is my first night reading your blog. I am incredibly intoxicated. Your way with words is so melodic, I can't help but read them aloud to get the full sound, pitch, and tone. Now I have the task of catching up. Thank you for your words. If you know me, which I know you do, your shared thoughts will undoubtedly touch and inspire me.
Love and miss you, CaMesha

Amina Iman Jahi said...

Hey girl!!!

I am so pleased that you enjoy my thoughts transformed into words, sentences and phrases. Thanks so much for offering your support and I promise to keep blogging my innermost thoughts! (Miss you & Love you tooooo!)

♥Amina

Key said...

Wow... im blown! From beginning to end i was caught up. I understood where you were coming from with every analogy & phrase. I too have seen these creatures & not too long ago rid myself of one. Unfortunately not soon enough as the lasting affects will haunt me for some time i'm sure. I can't wait to read more & pray i can write like you one day =o) ~key